This Crustless Sausage and Spinach Quiche with Italian chicken sausage, spinach and cheese is an easy and healthy recipe for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Crustless Sausage and Spinach Quiche
Spinach and Ricotta Quiche and Chicken Quiche are so popular on my site, but I often get asked how to make it crustless. For this low-carb version, I made this with no crust, with chicken sausage and spinach plus I used some light cream to give the eggs more of a creamier custard texture, as most quiches have rather than a spongier baked egg texture. This turned out delicious! It’s so easy to make and is perfect for any meal of the day. For some more crustless quiche recipes, try my Crustless Quiche Lorraine and Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche.
This Crustless Sausage and Spinach Quiche is so tasty you won’t even miss the crust. Skipping the crust saves on the calories and carbs, making this quiche low- carb, keto, and gluten-free.
How do you keep a crustless quiche from sticking?
Spraying the pie dish with oil is critical in preventing a crustless quiche from sticking. You can also line the dish with parchment paper.
Can a quiche be made the night before?
Yes, quiche is great for meal prep. You can make it ahead of time and bake it the next day before you’re ready to eat.
What should I serve with quiche?
If you’re serving quiche for breakfast, serve it with fruit salad or hash browns. For dinner, it’d be great with a nice green salad or your favorite roasted vegetables like Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash or Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots with Balsamic Glaze.
Italian Sausage Quiche Variations & Tips:
- Swap the spinach for any wilted greens.
- Use Romano cheese instead of Parmesan.
- If you’d like a quiche with crust, you follow this recipe made with pie dough from the supermarket.
- If you’d like individual portions, make crustless quiche muffins by pouring the egg mixture into a muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes.
- Make Ahead – refrigerate the quiche for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave.
More Quiche Recipes You’ll Love:
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Spinach Ricotta Quiche
- Petite Crustless Quiche
- Chicken Quiche
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar
Crustless Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- cooking spray
- 3 links sweet Italian turkey or chicken sausage, removed from casing (8.5 ounces total)
- 12 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 cup grated light havarti or cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and reduce heat to low, cook until wilted stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Drain spinach well.
- Evenly spread the spinach sausage mixture in the prepared dish and top it evenly with the grated havarti and parmesan cheese.
- Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, black pepper, and the nutmeg.
- Pour the custard into the dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.
- Cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
71 comments on “Crustless Sausage and Spinach Quiche”
Love this! I make them in large cupcake pan and freeze. Great to bring to work and warm in microwave. I haven’t been able to find low fat Havarti yet except in slices. So just break up the slices. Really yummy.
Great recipe! I combined spinach & arugula as well as used cheddar cheese and pork sausage since that’s what I had on hand. 3/4 tsp made it a bit salty for my taste. Will cut back on that next time but def plan to make again!
No matter what I do, I can’t open the recipe… I’ve sent it to myself via email and the link the brings me back to the site but not to the recipe. I’m pretty tech savvy and can navigate these sites pretty easily but you make it IMPOSSIBLE
I see the recipe card, its at the bottom of the post. Are you on your phone?
Made it, very easy, did all the steps in a cast iron pan, so just one pan, didn’t have Havarti or nutmeg, used shredded taco blend cheese, my wife had it as is I put red hot on it. We both liked it.
Made this today. It is delicious. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it with all the cheeses (not a real cheese fan) but it was good. I used Jimmy Dean turkey crumbles and 2 Italian chicken sausages, as it was in the freezer and needed to be used. Will definitely make it again. There are not many of Gina’s recipes that we don’t like.
I make a lot of skinnytaste recipes, but this might be my new favorite breakfast recipe! I made with a mix of gruyere and cheddar and it was delicious. Super easy to put together and very tasty. Will definitely be adding to my regular rotation – great for meal prepping for the week but I think it would also be a hit if hosting a brunch with friends.
Delicious brunch recipe with chicken sausage! I used white cheddar instead of havarti and just did more 2% milk in place of the cream and it was perfect! Will definitely be making again! My husband loved it
So delicious and great meal prep item. Definitely yummy enough to serve at a brunch for company too.
Everything you have on this site is delicious. This is the third recipe I’ve made for breakfast that has rave reviews! We are foodies and you don’t disappoint!
Delicious and so easy. I used lean ground turkey and seasoned it with Italian Sausage Seasoning. The cheese was 2% mozzarella and grated parmesan. It was served with fresh fruit on the side.
This is now my favorite quiche. So good!!!
Made this quiche last night and it was delicious!! Thank you for the great recipe!
This was really yummy. I thought it was a little salty. It could have been the particular turkey sausage I used. Next time I will leave out the extra salt the recipe requires.
I’m so glad I tried to make this, not only did it taste good, it came out picture perfect
I’m having trouble finding chicken sausage. Can I substitute your turkey sausage recipe in this quiche?
Love this quiche! Super easy to make and delicious!
Great for my breakfast prep for the week!
Can I leave the half & half out? I like more of an omelet texture.
This quiche is so delicious. My husband went crazy for it. Finished the last piece yesterday and asked me to make it again today. Taste great heated up the next day. Highly recommend.
I reheated mine in my airfryer, 350 for 5 min/piece. Wow..so good.
My husband and I love this quiche! We have been making it almost every week. It’s so easy and delicious!
This quiche is AMAZING Truly one of the best recipes I have ever made!! We loved it