These Lebanese-inspired Grilled Chicken Kabobs are seasoned with za’atar and served with a cool Laban Cucumber Yogurt Sauce.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce
These Grilled Chicken Kabobs are marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, za’atar, and garlic and served with a cucumber yogurt sauce on the side. You can use either chicken breasts or thighs. I use both depending on what I have on hand. Of course, breast is leaner so that means they’ll be a little drier than thighs, but both taste wonderful. Some other great grilled kabob options are these Grilled Shrimp Scampi Skewers, Grilled Salmon Kabobs, and Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Skewers.
I partnered with Stonyfield, my favorite yogurt brand to create this Lebanese inspired recipe using Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt which is smooth and creamy and so perfect here. I added cucumber, lemon juice, fresh mint and dill to the yogurt, to create a super simple sauce that goes perfectly with the grilled chicken. Stonyfield’s organic yogurt is my favorite because it’s made without toxic persistent pesticides, artificial hormones, antibiotics, and GMOs.
In celebration of National Dairy Month in June, Stonyfield has rebooted its “Have a Cow” program. You can follow along with three of the cows, Ali, Liberty, and Flowerchild, on Stonyfield’s organic farms to see what their lives are like. By signing up to learn more about the cows, you will get pictures, trivia, and news from a Stonyfield farm each month.
And for even more exciting news, you may have noticed some of my recipes when you open a package of Stonyfield yogurt! Stonyfield has created a Skinnytaste Hub on their website. The Hub will share all of my Stonyfield yogurt recipes in one place. So, if you’re looking for more ways to cook and bake with yogurt, definitely check it out.
What temperature should I grill chicken kabobs?
You should grill chicken kabobs on medium heat for about 12-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. You can grill them on an indoor or outdoor grill.
What should I serve with kabobs?
These healthy chicken kabobs are wonderful over a Greek salad or served with rice pilaf, sliced tomatoes, and red onion as pictured. You could also make a chicken pita stuffed with some fresh tomato and onion and topped with the yogurt sauce.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
- Houston’s Grilled Chicken Salad
- Grilled Chicken Avocado + Mango
- Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
To make the marinade:
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, za’atar, garlic, salt, and pepper together. Put chicken in a zip-locked bag and pour marinade over it. Marinate the chicken at least 2-3 hours or as long as overnight.
For the kabobs:
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes if grilling outdoors (I usually double them up so they are easier to turn).
- Prepare the yogurt sauce by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Thread chicken onto the skewers. You should have 4 kabobs total.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat, oil the grates and cook (indoor or outdoor grill works fine) until the chicken is cooked though, turning often about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt sauce.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stonyfield. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own. Photo credit: Jess Larson.