Drunken shrimp just got a makeover. Not sure if you can call this drunken since I cut down the wine a great deal, but they aren’t 100% sober either. Serve this with some crusty bread on the side to soak up the juice!
This recipe was adapted from my friend Kat of Food For Every Season.
As always, the rule when cooking with wine is to use the wine you are drinking. I always have Pinot Grigio on hand. Don’t use cooking wine when a recipe calls for wine, it’s not the same. If you are not a wine drinker, buy a small bottle just for cooking, and keep it in your refrigerator.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1.25 lb large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deviened (1 lb after peeled)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of capers (rinsed)
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- juice from one lemon
- generous handful of chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add garlic, pepper flakes, and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine, clam juice, lemon juice, anchovy paste, parsley, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook the shrimp or it will become tough and chewy.
- Serve shrimp with liquid in a bowl and some crusty bread on the side to soak up the juice.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 2
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 175.6 calories
- Total Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 861.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Protein: 22.5g