Fiesta Bean Salad is made with black beans, chick peas, tomatoes, cilantro and avocado tossed with a cumin-lime vinaigrette.
I love the bright, fresh flavors of this quick and easy salad! Perfect for lunch, Meatless Mondays, or even as a side dish with grilled steak, shrimp or chicken. You may also love this Chickpea salad with Cucumber and Tomatoes, or this Greek Chickpea Salad.
Something magical happens when you combine cumin, cilantro and lime juice. I can seriously add this to just about anything and be a happy camper.
I confess that I didn’t always like beans in my salads, I think it’s a texture thing because I love beans simmered in soups or with rice, but…
Add some avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and cumin…. this is yumm-y!! What’s more it’s antioxidant rich, full of heart healthy fats, clean, and high in fiber which keeps you full and satisfied.
This serves four as a main dish, if you prefer to have this as a side dish, then it would easily serve 8.
Fiesta Bean Salad
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well.
- When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.