This garlicky shrimp has the flavors of Spain and takes minutes to make. Adjust the heat according to your taste. This is wonderful over Scallion Cilantro Rice. Serve this as an appetizer or a main dish. You can easily double this recipe.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after you peel them)
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp Spanish olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat and add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté until golden, about 2 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and paprika.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- Do not overcook or it will become tough and chewy.
- Add chopped fresh herbs and divide equally in 3 plates.
Yield: 3 servings, Serving Size: 1/3
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 210.5 calories
- Total Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: g
- Protein: 31.2g