Guiltless Banana Ice Cream (Nice Cream)
The ultimate “guilt-free” frozen ice cream treat made with only ONE ingredient, over-ripe bananas! No cream, or sugar added. Finally it’s OK have ice cream for breakfast.
Guiltless Banana Ice Cream
Banana ice cream, also called nice cream, is my favorite healthy snack because it’s made with just 1 main ingredient – bananas! Top it with anything you like, nuts, fruits, sprinkles, chocolate chips! You can even pair it with my Strawberry Crisp or Grilled Peaches.
You know those bananas sitting on your counter, the ones with all those brown spots that you think are passed their prime. Well those bananas make the BEST dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, fat-free, frozen ice cream treat.
On my recent trip to the Dole Banana Summit, I was introduced to my first Yonanas Ice Cream Treat Maker – coolest machine EVER! You basically take your over-ripe bananas, freeze them, then run them through this simple machine. Out comes a healthy frozen, soft-serve banana ice cream. You can also do this in a high speed blender a food processor fitted with an “S” blade.
So easy, and fun to make with the family. We’ve been experimenting with all the possibilities but quite honestly my favorite is some chopped walnuts and berries. I put some colored sprinkles on my toddler’s and she loves it.
Banana Nice Cream Variations:
- Add other frozen fruit such as berries, pineapple and mango.
- Add some dark chocolate and peanut butter.
- Mix in some chocolate chips.
The ultimate snack, breakfast or dessert!
More Healthy Snacks You Will Love
Banana Ice Cream (Nice Cream)
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas
Optional Toppings (not included in nutritional info):
- chocolate syrup
- Peel bananas and place whole in the freezer until frozen.
- When the bananas are frozen, place them through the Yonannas. Serve right away for a soft serve consistency with your favorite topping.
- If using a food processor, slice the bananas before freezing, then process in a food processor fitted with an "S" blade follow the same steps, and process until smooth. Serve right away for a soft serve consistency.