The combination of sour cream, horseradish, herbs, garlic and breadcrumbs make this a fabulous roast. Simple enough to make as a weeknight dinner served with vegetables or elegant enough to serve for a special occasion.
I found this recipe in an old Everyday Food magazine and modified it to make it lighter. I will definitely be making this again when I am craving beef. I had this with a salad and fresh vegetables to keep the points down.
Herb Crusted Rib Eye Roast
- 2 1/2 lbs beef eye round roast, all fat trimmed off
- 2 tbsp fat free sour cream
- 3 tsp prepared horseradish
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence, rosemary, thyme, marjoram and savory
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, salt, pepper and horseradish.
- In another bowl combine breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and oil.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Sear roast in a large skillet on high heat for about 10 minutes total on all sides.
- Place in roasting pan and cover with sour cream and breadcrumbs on top of roast.
- Place in the oven and cook until thermometer reads 140°, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Serves 8.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.