Crepes aren’t just for rolling, something special happens when you layer them with cream and top them with strawberries. It creates a beautiful dessert, when you slice into it, you can see all the pretty layers.
No-Bake Strawberries and Cream Crepe Cake
Crepes aren’t hard to make once you get the hang of it. I’ve been making them since I was a little girl, in fact it’s probably the first thing I learned to cook! The first crepe is usually a flop, but don’t get discouraged, the rest will turn out just fine. Crepes are very special to me, my Dad always made them when I was little and he’s the one who taught me how to make them. I’ve since lightened up his recipe swapping half of the flour for whole wheat, using less egg yolks and oil, and I use Certified USDA Organic and Fair Trade Certified cane sugar from Wholesome rather than refined white. I use real whipped cream here, I’d rather have the real stuff than processed cream. To lighten it, I fold some fat free Greek yogurt into it, the slight tang is actually lovely with the berries.
If you want to make this ahead, you can make the cream and crepes a day ahead a keep it refrigerated. Then assemble just before you’re ready to serve. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
No-Bake Strawberries and Cream Crêpe Cake
- 1 ¾ cup fat-free milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray or oil mister
- In a blender, combine the milk, egg whites, egg, oil, vanilla, sugar and salt. Add the flours and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. When hot, lightly spray with oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the skillet, swirling the pan slightly to form a thin, even coating on the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the bottom of the crêpe sets and is golden in color, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently flip with a spatula and cook the second side for about 1 minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, stacking finished crêpes on a plate.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer on medium speed, whip the cream, cane sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold in the yogurt.
- Slice half of the strawberries, leaving the other half whole for topping.
- Place one crêpe on a clean plate. Using a small spatula, spread a thin layer (about 3 tablespoons) of filling on the crepe, leaving a ¼-inch border.
- Repeat, adding a layer of strawberries every 4 - 5 crepes in a single layer evenly over filling. Cover with another crepe and repeat to make a stack of about 12 crepes total.
- To finish, top with the remaining whole strawberries and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon powdered sugar; reserve remaining powdered sugar for serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wholesome. The opinions and text are all mine.