With a chill in the air, weekends in the Fall are perfect for baking treats like these pumpkin nut muffins with added pecans.
Pumpkin Nut Muffins
These pumpkin nut muffins have very little oil, but lots of pumpkin flavor. The pecans add a little crunch in every bite that I just love! Enjoy them with some hot tea or a cup of pumpkin spiced latte!
This is basically a variation of my Pumpkin Bread with Pepitas, if you prefer to make these into a Pumpkin Nut Bread, the baking time will be 50 to 55 minutes. Either way, these will surely fill your house with the most incredible Autumn aromas. I love to have one of these for breakfast or as a snack. You can also freeze these and reheat them in the microwave.
And coincidentally, these are dairy-free for those with a milk intolerance. Not sure if they can be made gluten-free, but I think I’ll test it out soon with a GF flour and see. If anyone has a favorite GF mix, feel free to comment, I heard Williams Sonoma’s GF mix is really good.
Pin It To Save For Later!
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Pecan Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Spiced Granola
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars
Pumpkin Nut Muffins
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour, King Arthur
- 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour, King Arthur
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray liners with oil for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, oil, egg whites and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, then blend at low speed until combined; do not over mix.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake on the center rack for 24 - 26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool at least 15 minutes before serving.