I lighten up this shrimp salad with a mix of Greek yogurt and light mayo and serve on cucumber slices for the perfect party appetizer.
Classic shrimp salad is so easy to make and ideal for when it’s hot outside. If you buy cooked shrimp, you don’t have to heat up your kitchen; plus, it saves time. Topping cucumber slices with shrimp salad is a simple low-carb appetizer that is sure to impress. This salad also makes for a yummy snack or lunch if served on bread or over mixed greens. For some other variations, try my Creamy Shrimp and Celery Salad and Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad.
I always keep Greek yogurt on hand to lighten up recipes that require mayonnaise. I combined the mayo with the Greek yogurt to reduce the fat and calories. The results were creamy and delicious!
How to Serve Shrimp Salad
Shrimp salad served on cucumber rounds makes the best appetizer, but it would also work on endive slices or crackers. If you’d like to make more of a meal out of this shrimp salad, serve it over lettuce with some cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado for extra veggies. It would also be great as a sandwich on some whole-grain bread.
Can I make this shrimp salad in advance?
You could make this shrimp salad a day ahead of your event. It’s really best to eat seafood right away for freshness, but the shrimp will keep for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Shrimp Salad Variations & Tips:
- Add fresh dill to the shrimp salad.
- If you don’t have adobo seasoning or seasoning salt, use Old Bay seasoning or a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- This recipe yields about 1 pound of salad without the cucumbers.
- Buy fresh or frozen cooked shrimp to save time.
How To Make Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad
- Harissa Shrimp and Chickpeas
- Lemon-Chili Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
- Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices
- 3/4 lb cooked shrimp, peeled (weight after peeled)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise, I used Hellmann's, check label for Keto
- 1 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt, full fat for Keto
- Seasoning salt or adobo seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 30 thin slices cucumber, about 1 large
- chopped chives for garnish
- Combine shrimp, celery, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, and season to taste with seasoning salt or adobo and pepper.
- Arrange cucumbers on a platter, season with salt and top each slice with a heaping tablespoon of shrimp salad.
- Top with chopped chives for garnish.