Skillet Mexican Zucchini is incredibly delicious with a little bit of a kick from the jalapeño topped with melted queso blanco. So easy and quick, a must try!
I can’t get enough of zucchini in the summer, in fact I have an entire section of Zucchini Recipes in my index if you need more ideas.
I’m a bit of a cookbook addict. It’s a problem as I’m running out of room in my home for all my books, but that never stops me from buying new ones. But the biggest problem is that I kinda neglect them. But this weekend I was thumbing through the Aaron Sanchez’s (who is one of the judges on Chopped – one of my favorite shows) cookbook Simple Food, Big Flavor (affil link) who is also one of the judges on Chopped and I came across his Mexican recipe for zucchini.
You MUST try this! I only made a few tweaks using less oil, and and rather than making a cilantro pesto, I added minced cilantro pickled jalapeno for kick. It totally exceeded my expectations.
How To Make Skillet Mexican Zucchini
More Zucchini Recipes
- Santa Fe Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini
- Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
- Colombian Zucchini Rellenos
Skillet Mexican Zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini, diced
- 1 large tomato, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced pickled jalapeño
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso blanco, or queso fresco, cotija or feta
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute, stirring until sizzling.
- Add zucchini and cook stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the tomato and green onion and cook about 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with queso blanco. Serve hot.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.