Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes
Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes – My garden is full of basil and my favorite thing to make with it in the summer is pesto. My husband called this “squashta” since I usually make this with pasta.
Using spaghetti squash instead of pasta is a great lower carb alternative to pasta. I made the squash in the microwave so I wouldn’t heat up my kitchen with these 90 degree days we are having here in New York but if you live somewhere cooler, you could also roast it.
Spaghetti Squash Pesto with Tomatoes
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 15 large basil leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 to mato, diced
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and fibers.
- Place in a microwave safe dish and cover.
- Microwave 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and scoop out flesh with a fork into a large bowl.
- In a small blender combine basil, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt a pepper and puree until smooth.
- Combine pesto with two cups spaghetti squash (save any remaining squash for another recipe).
- Add tomatoes and season with additional salt and pepper.
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes:
- Spaghetti Squash with Bacon and Parmesan
- One Pot Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce (Pressure Cooker and Slow Cooker)
- Spaghetti Squash Sausage Lasagna Boats
- Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls
- Baked Eggs in Spaghetti Squash Nests
- Spaghetti Squash Primavera
- Spaghetti Squash with Arugula Pesto
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Spaghetti Squash with Meat Ragu
- Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash Boats