Creamy Grape Salad Dessert
Warning! This Creamy Grape Salad Dessert with Greek yogurt and cream cheese is highly addictive and hard to stop eating!
Don’t be fooled by the humble ingredients in this Creamy Grape Salad Dessert. This easy grape salad is very refreshing and perfect for bringing to a potluck. Truthfully, the ingredients did not appeal to me the first time I heard about this grape dessert. But when I tasted it, OMG! This recipe is one that you’ll be making again and again, and chances are you have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. If you want to try some other fruit salad recipes, check out my Autumn Apple and Grape Medley and Ambrosia Fruit Salad.
What is grape salad made of?
Typically, grape salad is made with cream cheese and sour cream. I wanted to lighten it up, so I used fat-free Greek yogurt and light cream cheese. This dessert is also a great way to use up grapes that aren’t that sweet.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this healthy grape salad:
- Green and red grapes
- Greek yogurt
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
To make the crunchy topping, you’ll need brown sugar and chopped pecans or walnuts.
How do you make creamy grape salad?
This grape salad couldn’t be easier to make! Plus, it’s easy to double. That’s why it’s so ideal for making for a party.
- Cut the grapes in half.
- Mix the yogurt, cream cheese, agave, and vanilla.
- Stir the grapes into the creamy mixture.
- Combine the brown sugar and walnuts.
- Sprinkle the topping over the grapes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
How to Prep Ahead
You need to chill this grape salad before serving it so you can make it a day in advance. Just cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate. I’d wait to top it with the nut mixture until right before serving. This salad will last up to three days in the refrigerator.
Variations & Tips:
- Creamy Ingredients: Use vanilla Greek yogurt or fat-free cream cheese if you prefer.
- Grapes: Use all red or all green grapes. If you want to keep the grapes whole, feel free. You could also switch try it with strawberries and blueberries instead of grapes.
- Sweetener: If your grapes are pretty sweet, feel free to cut back on the agave. You can also sub honey for agave.
- Flavor: Add cinnamon or lemon zest to switch up the flavor.
- Nuts: If you’re allergic to nuts, swap them with granola or sunflower seeds.
More Fruit Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Fruit Pizza
- Apple Cobbler
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits
- Poached Pears with Yogurt
Creamy Grape Dessert
- 1 lb green seedless grapes, washed and dried well
- 1 lb red seedless grapes, washed and dried well
- 8 oz fat free Chobani Greek yogurt
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup agave, or sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, or pecans
- Cut grapes in half and set aside.
- Mix yogurt, cream cheese, agave and vanilla until blended well.
- Stir grapes into mixture, and pour in large serving dish.
- Combine brown sugar and crushed walnuts. Sprinkle over top of grapes to cover completely.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.