Spicy Pork Brussels Bowls are a delicious low-carb meal, made with shredded brussels sprouts as the base, smoky ground pork, and an egg on top!
Spicy Pork Brussels Bowls
I’m pretty obsessed with these low-carb bowls, which use shredded sautéed brussels sprouts as the base. The smoky ground pork is the perfect complement, and the runny egg on top makes it saucy and delicious. If you don’t eat pork, use any ground meat in its place. For some other brussels sprouts recipes, try my Brussels Sprouts Carbonara, Cacio E Pepe Brussels Sprouts , and Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta.
This spicy pork bowl is very easy to make and excellent for meal prep. You can even freeze the bowls without the egg. I season the ground pork with a blend of Mexican spices, including smoky paprika, ancho chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper. The meat is so flavorful!
Can you put brussels sprouts in a food processor?
Yes, putting brussels sprouts in your food processor is an excellent way to save time shredding sprouts. Just attach the slicing blade, and they’ll be ready in no time! You can also buy pre-shredded brussels sprouts at the grocery store if you don’t have time to slice them by hand.
Pork Brussels Sprouts Bowl Tips & Variations:
Swap your protein: Substitute the pork for any ground meat you wish. Try it with lamb, chicken, turkey, beef, or go meatless with Impossible Burger or Beyond Meat.
Add a grain: If you’d like to get more portions out of this bowl recipe, serve it over brown rice or quinoa to make it even more filling.
To meal prep: Divide into four meal prep containers. Cover and refrigerate up to four days. To heat, microwave in 30-second intervals until heated through.
How to freeze: Freeze covered for up to three months without the egg. To reheat, transfer to the refrigerator or reheat from frozen in 30-second intervals until heated through.
More Bowl Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chorizo Breakfast Bowls
- Lemon-Chili Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
- Greek Chicken Meal Prep Rice Bowls
- Shrimp Fajita Bowls
- Slow Cooker Banh-Mi Rice Bowls
Spicy Pork Brussels Bowls
- olive oil spray
- 1 pound 90% lean ground pork, or swap it for a meatless ground meat option
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- Heat a large cast iron or heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray with oil and cook the meat, breaking it up in small pieces.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Add garlic, season with spices and vinegar and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Add the brussels and onions to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until the brussels start to brown and are tender crisp, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Return the pork to the skillet and mix everything together 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and spray with oil, when hot cook the eggs, covered until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.