This easy Watermelon Feta Salad, made with only four ingredients, is a summer staple at your next summer BBQ!
Watermelon Feta Salad
Need an easy side dish for Memorial Day weekend, this is it! I had a few friends over for a BBQ for my friend’s birthday and I served my Grilled Lobster Tails, grilled steaks, and this simple Watermelon Feta Salad with arugula and mint, which was such a hit! Watermelon is the best addition to any summer salad since it’s so light and refreshing. I have lots of other watermelon salads such as this Grilled Peach and Grilled Peach Watermelon Burrata Salad, and Watermelon Caprese Salad.
This salad couldn’t be easier. The watermelon is so juicy that the salad doesn’t even need a dressing. I used a melon baller to cut the watermelon into small balls, but you can also dice it into small chunks. I love how the sweet and salty flavors complement each other. The freshness of the watermelon goes perfectly with the saltiness of the feta cheese, and the fresh mint adds the ideal finishing touch.
This healthy watermelon salad has many nutrients. Watermelon is mostly water, which helps hydrate you and fill you up. This fruit is low in calories and full of vitamins C and A. And, arugula is a good source of calcium, potassium, folate, and vitamins C, K, and A.
What to Serve with Watermelon Salad
As I said, watermelon feta salad with mint and arugula is great to serve at a summer BBQ. It would go well with any grilled protein, like my Grilled Crab Legs, Steak Kebabs with Chimichurri, or Grilled Salmon with Avocado Bruschetta. And for some other side dish ideas to serve alongside this watermelon salad, try Zucchini Carpaccio, White Bean Caprese Salad, or Spiralized Apple and Cabbage Slaw.
- Sub mint in this watermelon salad for basil or cilantro.
- Add cucumber or red onion for extra veggies.
- Swap the feta for goat cheese.
More Watermelon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Boozy Watermelon Lime Granita
- Watermelon Arugula and Feta Salad
- Grilled Shrimp and Watermelon Chopped Salad
- Ahi Tuna Watermelon Salad
- Watermelon “Pizza” with Feta and Balsamic
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 9 cups watermelon, cut in large circles with a melon baller
- 2 loose cups baby arugula
- 8 to 10 fresh spearmint leaves, chopped
- 8 ounce package feta cheese, crumbled in large chunks
- Using a melon baller, prepare the melon into large balls. Set aside in a bowl until ready to serve.
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve, drain the liquid from the bowl (I poured it into a cup and drank it!).
- Scatter half of the watermelon into a large, shallow serving bowl and scatter half of the arugula and feta on top, repeat with the remaining watermelon, arugula and feta then top everything with fresh mint.