With just two ingredients – canned coconut milk and powdered sugar, you can whip up this easy non-dairy, vegan whipped cream to serve with berries, dessert or anyway you wish to use it. Because I’m coconut obsessed, I can’t get enough of this stuff. The hardest part about making it is remembering to put the can in the refrigerator the night before, it’s that easy!
Light coconut milk will not work here, you’ll need to use the full fat kind. The cream floats to the top and hardens as it chills in the refrigerator all night. Then you combine it with sugar and whip it up. It’s best eaten within the hour, but if you have extra and need to refrigerate it, you can simply re-whip it the next day. If you prefer to use a different sweetener, that’s fine too. Enjoy!
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 13.6 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator without shaking or moving it overnight.
- Open the can without shaking and spoon out the thick cream at the top of the can, transfer to a medium mixing bowl and discard the liquid left behind.
- Add the sugar and whip using a hand mixer until creamy and thick, about 1 minute on high.
- Refrigerate until ready to use, best if used within 2 hours.
- If it stays longer and hardens, whip it once again.