These Air Fryer Asian-Glazed Boneless Chicken Thighs come out so juicy and delicious, I’m simply obsessed with this recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
When you think of air fryers you typically think of air fryer french fries or air fryer chicken nuggets and recipes with breading. This chicken thigh recipe uses boneless chicken thighs, no breading at all. The air fryer does so much more as it’s essentially an oven on steroids! These thighs come out so juicy, they are perfect over rice with steamed veggies like bok choy or snap peas.
Because a lot of you bought my latest cookbook, Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook (thank you!) and the Skinnytaste Vremi Air Fryer I promised I would share more air fryer recipes each week. If you don’t have an air fryer, cook this in the oven or on the grill, adjusting the cook time to make sure they are cooked through in the center.
Chicken Thigh Marinade Ingredients
- soy sauce, for savory unami
- balsamic vinegar, for sweetness and acidity
- honey, for sweetness
- garlic, for flavor
- Sriracha, for heat
- ginger, for spiciness and warmth
Reasons I love air frying:
- Food comes out so much crispier than it does in my oven.
- It takes only three minutes to preheat, it doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
- It’s safer and healthier than deep frying and it doesn’t smoke up the whole house.
- The air fryer has now replaced my oven on most weekdays and nights, whether making hard boiled eggs, whipping up a side dish, heating up leftovers, or making dinner.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fried Cajun Shrimp
- Air Fryer Parmesan Salmon
- Air Fried Avocado Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Asian-Glazed Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, 32 oz total
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 scallion, green only sliced for garnish
- In a small bowl combine the balsamic, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sriracha and ginger and mix well.
- Pour half of the marinade (1/4 cup) into a large bowl with the chicken, covering all the meat and marinate at least 2 hours, or as long as overnight.
- Reserve the remaining sauce for later.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook in batches 14 minutes, turning halfway until cooked through in the center.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining sauce in a small pot and cook over medium-low heat until it reduces slightly and thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the chicken and top with scallions.