This dairy-free, creamy Detox Vegetable Soup is not only easy to make, it’s also LOADED with nutrient-rich goodness!
Detox Vegetable Soup
It’s made with two heads of broccoli, lentils, cashews, onions, carrots, celery and spinach—it’s the perfect way to boost your immunity and to detox from any quarantine stress-eating. For a lentil free detox soup, you may also like this Green Detox Soup with Toasted Hemp Gremolata.
Hello, I’m Heather K. Jones! I’m a dietitian, the nutrition expert for the Skinnytaste cookbooks (so excited that book five, Skinnytaste Meal Prep, is out now!), and the founder of Feel Better Eat Better, an online weight and wellness program for women who struggle with emotional eating, overeating or body image issues.
And during this challenging time I’m offering FREE emotional eating support and guidance twice a month (the first and third Wednesday of each month) inside my Feel Better Eat Better Facebook group RIGHT HERE.
So, if you could use some extra love and support, please join me! I also have a ton of FREE resources, articles and videos to help you Love Yourself Healthy RIGHT HERE.
Do you love soup season as much as I do!?
A dietitian friend of mine shared this clean and comforting veggie soup recipe with me last year. If you’ve been over-indulging or stress eating during quarantine, this soup is the perfect way to help you get back on track!
Cashew cream (cashews pureed with water) is blended with immune-boosting broccoli, lentils, cashews, onions, carrots, celery and spinach. This results in the healthiest and most delicious and creamy soup ever! It’s also vegan and gluten-free.
Drizzle a bowl with a bit of olive oil and serve with a big green salad or a piece of whole grain bread. Trust me, you feel so nourished and wholesome, you’ll be inspired to make other good-for-you lifestyle changes too!
More Soup Recipes You Will Love
- Green Detox Soup with Hemp Gremolata
- Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Cauliflower Watercress Soup
- Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
- Lebanese Lentil Soup
Detox Vegetable Soup
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cups chopped broccoli, florets and stalks
- 7 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- Olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- Ground pepper, optional
- Place the onion, carrot, celery and broccoli in a large pot. Add 6 cups water, basil and salt to the pot and stir. Bring to a boil over high heat then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, create your cashew cream. Blend together the cashews and remaining 1 cup water. (If you adjust the serving size, just keep the cashew to water ratio 1:1.)
- Pour the cashew cream into the pot with the veggies and stir.
- Add the green lentils and stir again.
- Add the spinach to the blender, and carefully (let the pot of veggies cool a bit first!) blend the soup in batches until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls, drizzle lightly with olive oil and top with freshly ground pepper, if desired. Enjoy!