Healthy Frozen Banana Popsicles are such a fun summer treat for the kids and grown-ups too!
Frozen Banana Popsicles
These are so easy to make and use only 4 ingredients. Sprinkle them with red, white and blue jimmies for the Fourth of July, or use colored sprinkles, crushed walnuts, peanuts, or whatever you like! So fun, you can even get the kids involved!
It is believed the first frozen banana stand selling frozen banana dipped in chocolate and nuts opened in 1940 in Newport Beach, and idea taken from the 1933 Worlds Fair in Chicago. This easy treat doesn’t inquire any cooking, a microwave to melt the chocolate is all you need.
How To Make Frozen Bananas
- Cut the banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters. This will make the perfect sized treat making them easy to eat and dip into chocolate.
- Insert the sticks and freeze.
- Once frozen melt the chocolate in a mug in the microwave in 30 second increments then coat the bananas with chocolate.
- Top with nuts or sprinkles and re-freeze until ready to eat.
More Frozen Treat Recipes
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Banana Nice Cream
- Coconut Mango Ice Pops
- Frozen Banana Boo Pops
- Frozen Fruit Pops
Frozen Banana Popsicles
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp canola oil
- colored sprinkles optional
You will need:
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Cut the banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters.
- Insert popsicle sticks into bananas and freeze on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- When the bananas are frozen, fill a coffee mug with chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring until the chocolate is melted and soft.
- Dip the bananas one at a time into the chocolate, scraping off the excess chocolate from the back of the banana, and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Quickly add the sprinkles or toppings on the rounded side before the chocolate hardens (you have to work quickly here).
- Place on wax paper and return to the freezer until frozen and ready to eat.
- Eat frozen and enjoy!!
- Note: Adding a little oil to the chocolate helps thin the chocolate and therefore you will use less on each popsicle. You will need enough chocolate to dip the bananas, but you will be left with extra chocolate in the end (chocolate covered strawberries anyone?)
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.