This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
If you love a Greek Salad, then you’ll love this sandwich. Crisp Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese and red onion on ciabatta bread with a touch of oil and red wine vinegar.
Greek Salad Sandwich
Other sandwiches I love that don’t require heating up are Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Avocado and Tomato, and my favorite… Roast Beef, Arugula and Shaved Parmesan.
Some of you have been asking me for more sandwich recipes to pack up for work, school or to eat on the road. This is a great sandwich, it’s meatless but has plenty of flavor from the olives and feta. You can even add some sun dried tomatoes.
More Cold Sandwich Recipes:
- Prosciutto Arugula and Balsamic Sandwich
- Egg Scallion and Tomato Sandwich
- Tomato Roasted Pepper and Mozzarella Sandwich
- Roast Beef, Arugula and Shaved Parmesan on a Baguette
- Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
- Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich
- Open Faced Tuna Sandwich with Avocado
Greek Salad Sandwich
If you love a Greek Salad, then you'll love this sandwich. Crisp Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese and red onion on ciabatta bread with a touch of oil and red wine vinegar.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp Kalamata olives, minced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta
- 12 oz ciabatta bread, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl whisk red wine vinegar, and olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped olives and red onions set aside.
- I like to add the onions to the vinegar, this mellows out the sharpness of the onion, but completely optional.
- Spread the olive mixture on 4 slices bread.
- Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion; season with salt and pepper.
- Top with feta, close and cut sandwich in half.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 sandwich, Calories: 291 kcal, Carbohydrates: 46 g, Protein: 8.4 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 8.3 mg, Sodium: 697 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 0.5 g
45 comments on “Greek Salad Sandwich”
Can you make the olive mixture and save it in the fridge? Planning on having these for my lunches this week, but don’t want the mixture to get soggy! I’m not going to put it on the bread until day of, but figured I’d make ahead.
My grandmother used to make something just like this and stuff it in a pita. She kept the olive pits in, though. I think I'll do it your way…more enjoyable eating experience, lol
Eating this right now. So good. I also added a very thin spread of sun dried tomato humus. Thank you!
This sandwich transcends all awesomeness! It's especially nice when tomatoes are in season. Surprisingly filling too. I'm glad you floated it back to the top. I have added the ingredients to my list.