These mini honey lime meatballs, made with a combo of lean ground beef and spicy turkey sausage are browned in a skillet (or you can bake them) then finish in the slow cooker.
These Honey-Lime Meatballs make a great appetizer or serve them over noodles to make them a main dish. They are topped with a delicious honey-lime sauce! I love meatballs and I have so many different types of meatball recipes. From the more classic Italian Turkey Meatballs, Swedish Meatballs to Chicken Romano Meatballs, and Turkey Meatballs Stroganoff, to name a few.
This makes about 60 mini meatballs.
Honey Lime Meatballs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 8 ounces uncooked hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions, from about 8
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Coat a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with oil; set aside. In a large bowl combine ground beef, sausage, oats, egg product, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and crushed red pepper.
- Shape mixture into 60 approximately 2-inch meatballs.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook meatballs, one-fourth at at time, over medium heat until brown, turning once.
- Transfer to the prepared slow cooker cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, and lime juice. Pour over meatballs. Toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm or low-heat setting for up to 1 hour.