Sheet Pan Baked Feta with Broccolini, Tomatoes and Chickpeas
If you enjoy sheet pan dinners, you’ll love this vegetarian Sheet Pan Baked Feta with Broccolini, Tomatoes and Chickpeas loaded with flavor!
Sheet Pan Baked Feta with Broccolini
I love adding feta cheese to non-traditional recipes, like I did in this sheet pan dinner! Feta cheese is a diverse cheese that can add bold flavor to any meal you’re making. This vegetarian sheet pan dish features Athenos chunk feta cheese with roasted broccolini, tomatoes, red onion, and chickpeas. If you’re looking for more fun ways to cook with feta, try these Chicken Thighs with Artichokes and Feta, Naked Greek Feta-Zucchini Turkey Burgers, and Spiralized Mediterranean Beet and Feta Skillet Bake.
I partnered with Athenos feta cheese to bring you this delicious meal using their feta chunk. I love their feta chunk because it’s been authentically made the same way for over 20 years. It’s crafted with fresh, simple ingredients and has the perfect creamy and tangy taste. Their feta is available at most supermarkets, but you can search for it using their product locator on athenos.com.
How to Make Sheet Pan Feta
I love sheet pan meals because they are so easy! This one-pan dinner can be thrown together in minutes and baked in 30 minutes.
- Just toss the vegetables and chickpeas with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper on the sheet pan.
- Nestle the feta slices in between the veggies and pop the pan in the oven.
- Stir the veggies halfway through, and then finish the dish with fresh lemon juice and zest.
Does feta cheese melt in the oven?
Feta cheese will not melt in the oven due to its high acid content, but it will soften.
- Vegetables: Swap the broccolini for broccoli or zucchini. And feel free to use grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes.
- Protein: Add chicken tenders for more protein. Season them with your favorite spices and nestle them into the sheet pan for the same cook time.
More Sheet Pan Recipes You’ll Love:
- Sheet Pan Balsamic-Herb Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Shrimp with Broccolini and Tomatoes
- Italian Ground Turkey Meatball Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables
- Kielbasa Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
Sheet Pan Baked Feta with Broccolini, Tomatoes and Chickpeas9+
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches broccolini, ends trimmed (14 ounces)
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, peeled, quartered and cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 8 ounces Athenos Traditional Feta Cheese, cut into 8 slices
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional for topping
- Dry chickpeas well on a towel or with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 400F with a rack set in the lower third.
- On a sheet pan, combine the broccolini, chickpeas, tomatoes and red onion with the olive oil and toss.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste, and spread out on the sheet pan.
- Nestle the feta slices into the vegetables.
- Roast, stirring vegetables and chickpeas halfway but leaving the feta in place, until the tomatoes start to blister and the broccolini is browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon half for over everything and top with lemon zest.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athenos. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own.