A delicious hot artichoke dip baked with parmesan cheese, reduced fat mozzarella cheese and topped with bread crumbs. Your unsuspecting guests will have no idea they are indulging in lightened up party fare. Serve this with baked pita chips, crostini or any low fat chip.
I purchased these adorable Le Creuset Stoneware Petite Au Gratin dishes a few weeks ago in several colors, and finally found the perfect use for them, hot dips from oven to the table. Aren’t they cute!
And just a little history on artichokes, did you know they are one of the oldest foods know to humans? Ancient Greeks and Romans considered artichokes a delicacy and an aphrodisiac and women were even banned from eating them in the 16th century. Well it’s the 21st century so women, enjoy!
Skinny Artichoke Dip
- 13.75 oz artichoke hearts packed in water drained
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup 2 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small food processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the shallots.
- Combine artichokes, yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place in an oven-proof dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Lightly spray the crumbs with olive oil then bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve right away.