Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes made with chicken breast, cheese and enchiladas sauce are an easy one-pot meal!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Sweet Potatoes
If you’re an enchilada chicken fan, you’ll love these easy loaded sweet potatoes. The combination of spicy enchilada sauce with sweet potatoes is addictive! I love to top mine with cheddar cheese, sour cream, scallions, and cilantro. And if you haven’t made sweet potatoes in the slow cooker yet, you’ll never make them any other way – it’s my favorite way to cook them. They turn out so tender and delicious! For some more loaded sweet potato recipes, try my sloppy joe sweet potatoes, loaded vegetarian sweet potatoes, and Italian-style stuffed sweet potatoes.
I love chicken enchiladas, which is probably obvious by all my enchiladas recipes, like this classic one and these enchiladas verdes. So, I figured why not switch it up and take the enchilada filling and put it on top of a sweet potato instead. The results were delicious!
This recipe is a one-pot meal, all made in the slow cooker if using jarred enchilada sauce. That being said, I highly recommend using my homemade enchilada sauce recipe. It makes all the difference and is pretty quick to make.
For the best results, you will need a 6-quart slow cooker to make this dish. You need enough room to cook four potatoes and chicken breasts. Of course, if you don’t have a large enough crockpot, you can always bake the sweet potatoes.
These healthy chicken enchilada sweet potatoes are a very filling and easy dinner. They’d be great for meal prep. You can cook the chicken and potatoes ahead of time and then stuff the potatoes and add the toppings before eating.
More Sweet Potato Recipes You’ll Love:
- Turmeric Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Parmesan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Glaze
- Kale Salad with Roasted Sweet Potato, Dried Cherries, Feta & Pepitas
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes Brulee
- No Bean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
Slow Cooker Loaded Enchilada Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium, (about 6 oz each) sweet potatoes, skin on
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic power
- 1 cup enchilada sauce, I recommend my homemade
- chopped scallions, for serving
- 1/4 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions and/or cilantro, for garnish
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Wrap the potatoes individually in foil.
- Season the chicken with salt and garlic powder and place on one end of the slow cooker, cover with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce.
- Place the potatoes on the other end, stacking 2 on top of 2.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- When done, remove the potatoes and chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a small bowl and roughly shred with 2 forks and add the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Split open the sweet potatoes, then top with 2/3 cup of the enchilada chicken.
- Drizzle each half with 1 tablespoon cheese and place under the broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until melted.
- Garnish each potato with 1 tablespoon sour cream and scallions or cilantro.