I’ve been getting a lot of requests for pasta recipes lately so I though this would be a nice addition to my recipes. I love pasta, but I try not to eat it too often because it’s high in points. When I do make pasta, I use a lot of vegetables and less pasta so it becomes filling without all the extra points. Any mushrooms would be great for this recipe, or even a combination of a variety of mushrooms. Simple and ready in under 15 minutes.
Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Garlic and Oil
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook another 3 minutes.
- Before draining the pasta reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta and toss with mushrooms, parsley and pepper.
- If pasta is too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve with grated cheese if you wish.