This hearty turkey sausage, kale and white bean soup is loaded with fiber and is a very satisfying meal on a chilly evening.
Top this with some good grated cheese like Parmigiano Reggianno or Locatelli (I always splurge on grated cheese) and a nice piece of crusty bread for a wonderful meal for 4 under $10. More soup recipes I love are Chicken Noodle Soup, Lasagna Soup and Roasted Cauliflower Chowder.
This Italian white bean soup is one of my favorites when I’ m looking for a hearty soup. The cannellini beans and the sausage make this a high protein meal with about 35g per serving as well as high in fiber. It’s also a great gluten free soup. You can even turn it into a vegan or vegetarian white bean soup by simply swapping the turkey sausage out for a plant based sausage and using vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
For this soup I used my homemade turkey sausage. But if you’re on a time hunch, feel free to use your preferred sausage.
More soup recipes:
- Spinach Tortellini en Brodo
- Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli
- Chicken and Avocado Soup
- Turkey Meatball and Ditalini Soup
- Leftover Ham Bone Soup with Cabbage and Potatoes
Turkey Sausage, Kale and White Bean Soup
- 1.25 lb homemade turkey sausage meat
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch kale - rinsed, leaves removed from the ribs & rough chopped
- 1 cup Cannellini or Northern beans - drained and rinsed
- 4 cups fat free chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 small pinch dried red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium sized pot.
- Add sausage meat breaking it up with a spatula or wooden spoon into large chunks.
- When completely cooked, add garlic and saute for 2 - 3 minutes (careful not to let the garlic burn).
- Add the water, stock, beans and red pepper flakes (if using) and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes, covered.
- Throw in kale and allow to simmer for another 10 minutes covered. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into four bowls and serve hot.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.