Buffalo Chicken Dip (Slow Cooker, Oven and Instant Pot Directions)
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip has everything you love about buffalo wings, only made into a dip – the perfect party appetizer, no messy hands!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip, it’s one of my go-to appetizers because everyone loves it!! It’s easy, you can make it ahead and it’s delicious! It’s also perfect for sharing with friends and a must for your Superbowl party!! A few more favorite party appetizers are my Mini Bell Peppers Loaded Turkey “Nachos”, Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and Baked Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers.
I’ve been making this chicken dip for years because it’s always a hit when I serve it at any party. It’s much lighter than most buffalo dip recipes out there, but you would never know! To make buffalo chicken dip healthy, I use lean chicken breast and lighten it with Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream. And of course, I use Frank’s hot sauce – a must!
What to serve with Buffalo Dip:
Some of my favorite dippers to go serve with this dip:
- Serve it with fresh veggies like celery sticks and baby carrots
- Make it more substantial and serve it with baked chips or crackers.
- Leftovers are great used as a filling for sandwiches or egg rolls.
- If you are planning on serving a larger crowd, I highly recommend doubling the recipe, the cook time will remain the same.
- You can make this a day ahead then pop it in the oven 30 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers last 4 days in the refrigerator.
To bake this in the oven, you can use cooked shredded chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken, then mix all the ingredients and place them in a baking dish. Bake 350F until hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Strips
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 16 ounces
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia)
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream or Greek yogurt, I prefer sour cream
- 1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce, or whatever hot sauce you like
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- scallions, optional for garnish
- cut up celery sticks and carrot sticks, for dipping
- To make the shredded chicken, place chicken in the slow cooker and add enough water or chicken broth to cover. Cook high 4 hours. Remove and shred with two forks, discard the liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, vinegar and hot sauce together until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese.
- Transfer to the slow cooker with the chicken, mixing well and return to the slow cooker, cook low 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with the remaining blue cheese, garnish with scallions. Serve hot.
- To bake this in the oven, you can use cooked shredded chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken, then mix all the ingredients and place them in a baking dish. Bake 350F until hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Instant Pot Method:
- Cook chicken covered in water or broth 15 min high pressure. Once you shred and drain set the instant pot to the slow cooker mode, combine ingredients and proceed.
Photo credit: Jess Larson