Summer Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Summer Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad are delicious topped with a Buttermilk-Dijon Dressing, goes great with anything you’re grilling!
Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad
Take advantage of the end of summer with sweet corn and delicious ripe tomatoes with this easy side dish, perfect to go along anything you ‘re grilling! Also great as a light lunch, and the dressing is creamy yet light, the perfect compliment.
This has been my go-to salad these past few weeks. I even brought it to a pool party and it was all the rave. With fresh tomatoes coming out of my garden I am taking advantage as much as I can as I know my summer tomato days are numbered.
How To Cook Corn
Summer corn is so sweet you don’t have to cook it, but if you wish you can. Try grilling it directly on the flame until the corn chars, about 10 minutes. Or the quickest way to cook it is to microwave it. To cook, microwave 3 minutes with husk on, then let cool and peel.
More Summer Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Creamy Shrimp and Celery Salad
- Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad
- Summer Tomato Salad
- Chopped Wedge Salad
- Chilled Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad
Summer Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad with Creamy Buttermilk-Dijon Dressing
For the dressing (makes 3/4 cup):
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp 1% buttermilk
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 head romaine, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium corn on the cobb, cooked and cut off husk*
- 4 to 5 large grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large avocado, 3 oz, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- *Quickest way to cook the corn is put it in microwave 3 minutes with husk on, then let cool and peel.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl, top with corn, tomatoes, avocado and red onion and drizzle with dressing.