Shrimp with Tuscan White Beans with Spinach and Feta
Shrimp with Spinach and Tuscan White Beans
Shrimp, white beans and wilted spinach topped with crumbled feta. Perfect for a weeknight meal, this dish is delicious and super easy to make!
In this dish, a touch of vinegar, fresh sage and crumbled feta give this dish a flavor boost without the need for salt. And I really think you will love this one pan dish; it’s lean, high in fiber and full of flavor!
Tuscan White Beans with Spinach, Shrimp and Feta
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 15 oz can no-salt added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (Eden)
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 oz crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook shrimp until just opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and add onion, garlic and sage; cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally until golden.
- Stir in vinegar and cook 30 seconds. Add broth, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans and spinach and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Top with feta cheese and divide in 4 bowls.