These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs have become a weeknight staple in my house. An easy recipe that you can whip up super fast!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
These easy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs take only minutes to prep and are very versatile. You can switch up the spices to change the flavors. This recipe can serve 3 to 6 people, depending on how many thighs you want per serving. To make it a meal I usually serve it with a big salad on the side. More air fryer recipes you may love are these Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets, Air Fryer Chicken Milanese, and Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
Chicken Thigh Ingredients
- Chicken Thighs: I used bone-in chicken thighs with the skin on. If you use boneless thighs, you’ll need to reduce the cooking time. Once they reach 165°F with a meat thermometer, they’re done.
- Lemon: Squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
- Spices: Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, sweet paprika, and dried herbs, like herbs de Provence
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Season Chicken: Squeeze lemon juice over the thighs. Next, sprinkle them with all the spices and rub them in.
- Air fry the chicken thighs at 400°F for 24 minutes, flipping them over halfway. If all six won’t fit in the machine at the same time, cook the chicken in batches.
Are chicken thighs still healthy?
Although chicken thighs have more fat and calories than chicken breasts, they are still a healthy option packed with protein and other nutrients. Plus, they just taste better! I think they’re much more exciting and flavorful than chicken breasts. I personally love the skin, but if you’re looking to cut calories, you can eat them without it. It also helps to cook them in a healthy way, and the air fryer is perfect for that since it uses little to no oil.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
I serve these juicy chicken thighs with a big green salad and a veggie on the side, like roasted butternut squash, shredded brussels sprouts, or roasted green beans. They’d also be good with a quinoa salad, tomato soup, or pasta.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich with Sriracha Mayo
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Your comments are helpful! If you’ve tried this healthy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs recipe or any other on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. And if you took a photo of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Stories!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 6 chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs , such as herbs de provence or dried oregano
- Season the chicken with the juice of 1/2 of the lemon, then season with remaining spices on both sides.
- Rub the seasoning well all over the chicken then transfer to the air fryer, skin side down.
- Air fry 400F 12 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy and cooked through in the center.
97 comments on “Air Fryer Chicken Thighs”
Absolutely delicious!! Worth it to try it. I added more time but it depends on the size of the chicken tight.
Moist thighs with a crispy skin – great spices – will make again – thank you
Tried the recipe tonight. Very easy to make. Both of us loved the chicken.
I made this tonight for dinner and it did not disappoint!! My 4 and 11 year olds asked for more chicken. So good and so easy!
I can’t wait to try this. I don’t have lemon. Can you suggest a replacement? Lime maybe?
This looks great. My latest oven has an air fryer function. Is there something I would need to do differently to get the crispy look of these chicken thighs using the air fryer function of my oven?
Mmmm good, very easy. I served with sweet potatoes. Flavorful, with a nice tang from the lemon. Juicy and tender. Kids will love these.
Excellent tasting chicken thighs. Very juicy and there was so much flavour! This will be my go to recipe as it was really easy to prepare as well.
So so so good and easy. Makes me even more excited for the new cookbook coming out – you don’t need a lot to make a delicious meal.
Not sure what air fryer you are using, but at 400• for only 20 minutes total my chicken came out WAY overcooked (200+ degrees)!! I probably could have done only 15 minutes at that high of a temperature.
Excellent! I have a very small Air Fryer so I make 4 Thighs, 2 at a time and enjoy 2 meals. I use all of the spices on the 4 thighs and it is delicious. Definitely a “go to” recipe!
Love the seasoning on this chicken. We didn’t eat dark meat for a long time because I didn’t know what to do. Now with my air fryer we love it so much. This is a really good recipe but I do double it bc we like a lot of seasoning. It’s in the rotation and we eat it a few times a month.
Hi. I’m on WW and would like to try this recipe. Can you please tell me how much each chicken thigh should weigh? Thanks
You would use a 4 Oz (raw) thigh to match the nutrition facts for the recipe.
This is based on my RDN skills. Without skin it will be about 3 Oz.
This was easy and delicious! I followed the recipe to the letter and my chicken was flavorful and tender. It’s going to be a staple as well as a jumping off point for other seasonings and experimentation. Thanks for the recipe!
Quick & easy and everyone loves them. I cook 2 1/2 lbs and it never goes to waste!
This was so delicious. The whole family loved it. Super moist with crispy skin, what more could you ask for! This will definitely be in rotation.
Glad you enjoyed it!