BLT with Avocado
BLT with Avocado sandwich for the bacon lovers in your life! Bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado on toasted whole grain bread, a quick healthy lunch.
With summer tomatoes at their peak, this is the best time to enjoy these yummy sandwiches, perfect for lunch or school. For a low-carb BLT you might also like my BLT Lettuce wraps! Try them with avocado too!
I love a BLT for lunch, if made with center cut bacon and whole grain bread it’s lighter than a traditional BLT and a great sandwich to pack for lunch. Swapping the mayo for the avocado adds some healthy fats that you can mash up or leave sliced.
For lettuce I used what I had on hand, which happened to be arugula – use romaine, or whatever you like. If you don’t eat pork, of course turkey bacon would work. For picky kids, cater to their taste; if they don’t like one of the ingredients, leave it out or swap it for something else.
To make this even lighter, serve open faced and save on calories, carbs and points (6 points vs 8 points). With a light soup on the side like cream of zucchini or creamy cauliflower (you can put the soup in a thermos for lunch on the go) you’ll have yourself a satisfying meal.
BLT with Avocado
- 3 slices center cut bacon, oscar mayer
- 2 slices honey 7-grain bread, toasted (nature's own), (or sub for GF)
- 1/4 cup lettuce of your choice
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 1 ounce haas avocado (1/4 small), sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the lettuce on the toasted bread, top with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with second slice of bread and cut in half.
MORE COLD SANDWICH RECIPES:
- Prosciutto Arugula and Balsamic Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Avocado and Tomato
- Tomato Roasted Pepper and Mozzarella Sandwich
- Greek Salad Sandwich
- Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
- Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich
- Open Faced Tuna Sandwich with Avocado
- Roast Beef, Arugula and Shaved Parmesan on a Baguette