Cheesy Eggplant Gnocchi Caprese is made with diced eggplant simmered in a garlicky tomato sauce with gnocchi, spinach, melted bites of fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. So good!
Eggplant Gnocchi Caprese
This Cheesy Eggplant Caprese Gnocchi Skillet is perfection. It’s meatless yet crave-worthy with a healthy helping of vegetables: eggplant, tomato, and spinach. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes. Another favorite gnocchi recipe is this Gnocchi with Grilled Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, and for a low-carb version, try my Cauliflower Gnocchi.
I teamed up with DeLallo, my favorite pasta company, to make this delicious dish. I decided to use their pre-made boxed Potato Gnocchi, which are light and airy and perfect when you want a fast meal. If you want to spend a little more time making them yourself, I also love their gnocchi kit.
I tested this dish out on my brother and his family the other night, and they all loved it! Even the kids enjoyed it! It’s a great vegetarian main dish even meat eaters will enjoy. Perfect for meatless Mondays, Lent, or any night of the week.
Delallo also sells a gluten-free gnocchi for those who need to eat gluten free.
What makes something caprese?
Caprese is a popular Italian salad consisting of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil and drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Caprese ingredients can be used in other dishes like this Italian gnocchi recipe, pasta dishes, or pizza.
How to Serve Eggplant Gnocchi Caprese
More Caprese Recipes You’ll Love:
- Caprese Chicken Skillet
- French Bread Pizza Caprese
- Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Caprese
- White Bean Caprese Salad
- Watermelon Caprese Salad
Cheesy Eggplant Caprese Gnocchi Skillet
- 16 oz package Delallo gnocchi or gluten-free gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion or 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb eggplant diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 5- ounce container baby spinach
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 28- oz can San Marzano Style crushed tomatoes
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- 6 oz small mozzarella cheese balls
- Bring water to a boil, cook gnocchi according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, set a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- When the oil is warm, add the onion, eggplant and salt to the pan and saute for about 3 minutes, or until it begins to soften, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the spinach, stirring until it wilts. Once it’s all in the pan, saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it cooks down.
- Push it to one side of the pan with your spoon and add the tomato paste, stirring until it smells lightly caramelized and toasty.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes and decrease the heat to medium.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender.
- Add the cooked gnocchi, place the mozzarella on top, cover the pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mozzarella is melty.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
This post is sponsored by Delallo. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love.