Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Caprese is made with sauteed bite-sized chicken breast and grape tomatoes cooked with spiralized zucchini, fresh mozzarella and basil. An easy, low-carb 30-minute meal!
This fresh low-carb summer dish is a great way to enjoy your farmer’s market finds. I love swapping noodles for zucchini in so many of my dishes, a few favorites are Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles, Shrimp Scampi Zoodles, and Chicken Zoodle Lo Mein.
How To Make Perfect Zucchini Noodles
When making zoodles (zucchini noodles) I prefer a thicker noodle because it has more of bite and I’m careful not to overcook them so they don’t get watery. Under two minutes is all they need, then I quickly remove them from the hot skillet or they will keep cooking.
The Inspiralizer is the best spiralizer out there in my opinion, all the blades are built-in so easy clean-up and it’s tough enough to cut through a butternut squash with ease.
Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Caprese
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut 1/2-inch cubes
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 lb grape tomatoes, cut in half
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized with Blade D
- 2 oz fresh mini mozzarella balls, cut in half
- Start by spriralizing the zucchini using blade D if you have the Inspiralizer, or the thickest noodle blade your spiralizer has.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a large non-stick pan set over med-high heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining oil and garlic and cook until golden, 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, until the tomatoes soften, 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, stir in the zucchini and basil, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet along with the mozzarella and serve right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
21 Day Fix container breakdown per serving: 1 red, 1.5 tsp, 1/2 blue, 2 1/4 green conversion by Coach Brooke
Pin It To Save For Later!