This classic egg salad recipe is the perfect make ahead dish. Great for breakfast on toast, for lunch in a wrap, or over salad or in a sandwich. Sometimes I just eat it with a spoon right out of the container!
It’s funny how I have so many variations of egg salad recipes on my site, like this Chickpea Egg Salad and this Avocado Egg Salad, yet don’t have this classic, which I eat all the time. Problem solved! I make a batch of Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs and make this on the weekend to have for the week. You can easily double or triple this recipe or make this stove top Hard Boiled Eggs method.
This is gluten-free, low-carb, keto friendly and Whole30 if you use compliant mayonnaise such homemade or this mayo by Primal Kitchen (affiliate link).
This will last in the refrigerator 4 to 5 days.
What Do You Put In Your Egg Salad?
I keep my egg salad pretty simple, a little mayonnaise, red onion, salt, pepper, paprika and some chives, for garnish. This is the way I like to make my egg salad but you can totally make this your own! Here’s some suggestions:
- Add pickle juice or diced pickles
- Include some veggies like chopped celery or carrots for texture
- Add some Dijon mustard
- Add some protein such as diced cooked shrimp, it’s delish!
- Swap the chives for fresh dill
- Try adding a few capers
I’d love to hear your favorite way to make egg salad!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika, for garnish
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo Credit: Jess Larson