Corned Beef and Cabbage with Horseradish Cream
What’s St. Patrick’s Day without Corned Beef and Cabbage!
A simple way to prepare this classic Irish dish. Top it with horseradish cream or mustard and serve it with a side of creamy cauliflower puree as a low carb alternative to potatoes. Keep in mind the meat shrinks down to almost 1 lb when cooked.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2.5 lbs corned beef brisket in brine, fat trimmed off
- 1 cup baby carrots, peeled
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 bay leaves
For the Horseradish Cream
- 1 tbsp prepared grated horseradish
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream (full fat for Keto)
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, place brisket, bay leaves and enough water to cover.
- Simmer, covered for about an hour per pound.
- When meat is tender add carrots.
- Boil for about 10 minutes, then add cabbage.
- Cook another 15- 20 minutes, until tender.
- Remove the meat and place on a cutting board.
- Slice the meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with vegetables and ladle some broth on top.
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 tbsp • Old Points: 0 pts • Points+: 0 pts
Calories: 14.8 • Fat: 0.2 g • Protein: 0.7 g • Carb: 2.6 g • Fiber: 0.2 g
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4 of meat and veggies
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 292.5 calories
- Total Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Sugar: g
- Protein: 19.3g