If you need a high protein, low-carb dish you can whip up in under 20 minutes, these Fish Taco Bowls are it! Air fryer or saute 6 minutes!
Fish Taco Bowl
I love taco bowls, so why not make a fish taco bowl! It’s super simple made with bite-sized fish, seasoned with Cajun seasoning, and cooked in the air fryer for 6 minutes! If you don’t have an air fryer, just make this in a skillet instead! I got my hands on some blackfish and heard it was great for fish tacos, so I turned it into this quick bowl with a veggie slaw as the base drizzled with spicy mayo, so good! This bowl is spicy, fresh, and flavorful and takes only minutes to whip up! More of my favorite air fryer recipes are Tzatziki fish tacos, Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Sandwich, and Air Fryer Salmon!
You can turn any taco into a bowl which I often love to do! This was more like a salad, but if you want to add grains add some brown rice or quinoa.
Fish Taco Bowl Ingredients
- Fish: White flaky fish is best for tacos. I used blackfish here, but cod, mahi mahi, halibut, or flounder would also work. Spritz the fish with olive oil and sprinkle it with Cajun seasoning.
- Fish Taco Sauce: Combine mayonnaise, sriracha or chipotle en adobo sauce, and lime juice and add enough water so it’s easy to drizzle.
- Cabbage Slaw: This easy slaw for fish tacos consists of coleslaw mix (red and white cabbage and shredded carrots) tossed in olive oil, lime juice, and salt. You can cut your own cabbage and carrots, but the premade mixes are a huge timesaver.
- Garnish: Serve these fish taco bowls with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
- Fish Taco Seasoning: If you don’t like spicy food, swap the Cajun seasoning for Tajin or chili lime seasoning.
- Carbs: If you want a more substantial meal, add some rice or black beans to the bowl.
- Fish Taco Toppings: Top your bowl with cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, or bell pepper. And if you’d like to add cheese, cotija or queso fresco would be delicious.
- Herbs: If you don’t like cilantro, skip it or sub it with chives.
- No air fryer, no problem! Heat a skillet on high heat, spray it with oil, and cook the fish for five to six minutes.
More Fish Taco Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Cod Fish Tacos
- Tzatziki Fish Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Cabbage Mango Slaw
- Shrimp Scampi Tacos
Your comments are helpful!! If you’ve tried this healthy Fish Taco Bowl recipe or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear your thoughts, variations and feedback. And if you took some photos or video of it, share it with me on Instagram or Tiktok so I can re-share!
Fish Taco Bowl
- 4 6 ounce boneless skinless fish fillets , such as blackfish, cod, mahi mahi, cut into 1 inch pieces
- olive oil spray
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha , or chipotle en adobo sauce
- 2 limes
- 5 cups slaw, red cabbage, white cabbage and shredded carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- cilantro, optional
- Spritz fish all over with oil. Season all over with seasoning. Cut 1 lime into wedges and halve the other.
- Combine mayo and sriracha or chipotle and squeeze 1/4 of the lime. Add a little water until it’s easy to drizzle later.
- Air fry the fish 6 minutes 400F shaking the basket half way.
- Meanwhile, combine slaw with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, remaining half lime and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Divide on 4 plates, add fish on the side and drizzle the spicy mayo over the fish.
- Serve with lime wedges and garnish with cilantro.
- No air fryer, no problem! Heat a skillet on high heat, spray with oil and cook 5 to 6 minutes.