An Easy Salsa Shredded Chicken recipe for your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker.
Made with just TWO (2) ingredients – salsa and chicken plus some spices – this makes a delicious juicy chicken that can be used in tacos, over rice, salads and more! This is the EASIEST Instant Pot recipe on my entire website,
I’ve been making shredded salsa chicken in my slow cooker forever, sometimes with chicken breasts and other times with thighs. It’s my go-to when I want easy chicken to add to enchiladas, tacos, etc. I was asked for an Instant Pot version, so here it is!
Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) Easy Salsa Shredded Chicken
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- black pepper, to taste
- pinch oregano
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Season chicken on both sides with spices.
- Place into the Instant Pot and cover with salsa.
- Cover and 20 minutes. Natural release.
- Once the Instant Pot releases the pressure, put the chicken onto a plate and use two forks to shred.
- *If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is done.