Burst tomatoes are so quick and easy to make in the air fryer. Adding burrata cheese and arugula turns this into a delicious summer salad.
Air Fryer Burst Tomato Burrata Caprese
I love using my air fryer in the summer since it saves me from heating my kitchen. If you’re like me and have a ton of tomatoes growing in your garden, this Burrata Caprese Salad is an excellent way to use them. More air fryer recipes I love to make are these Air Fryer Zucchini Sticks and Prosciutto Wrapped Figs with Blue Cheese, and this Whipped Ricotta Toast with Roasted Tomatoes is another great way to use summer tomatoes.
What is tomato caprese?
A classic caprese salad consists of tomatoes and mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh basil, salt, and pepper. I switch things up in this recipe by using cherry tomatoes cooked in the air fryer until juicy and bursting with flavor. I serve them with burrata cheese over arugula to make it more filling and drizzle with balsamic glaze for extra flavor.
What to Serve with Caprese Salad
This burrata caprese salad is perfect for lunch or a light dinner with a hearty piece of bread. You can also serve it with protein such as grilled shrimp, Air Fryer Herbed Buttermilk Chicken Breast or Grilled Lobster Tails.
- Sub fresh mozzarella for the burrata.
- Use dairy-free mozzarella (such as Mykonos) for a vegan salad.
- Swap the arugula for baby greens.
- Use grape tomatoes instead of cherry.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, roast the tomatoes and garlic in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- You can make your balsamic glaze at home if you don’t want to buy it. Bring a half cup of balsamic vinegar to a low boil on the stove. Turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes until reduced by half and vinegar becomes thick and syrupy.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Skins
- Baked Eggplant Sticks
- Avocado Fries with Lime Dipping Sauce
- Air Fryer Tostones
- Air Fried Shishito Peppers
Air Fryer Burst Tomato Burrata Caprese Salad
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 large whole garlic cloves slightly smashed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 small whole Burrata cheese 4 ounces
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze I use Dellalo
- 1/4 cup torn basil
- 2 ounces sliced rustic loaf sliced
- Place tomatoes, garlic, 1 teaspoon extra virgin oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper in a bowl and toss, transfer to the air fryer basket. Cook 400F 10 minutes, shaking.
- Place arugula on a platter. Drain burrata and add to the arugula. Top with roasted tomatoes and drizzle any juices that accumulated. Top with balsamic glaze, basil, salt and pepper. Serve with bread.