This fresh and delicious Avocado Mango Salsa is sweet and savory with lots of lime and cilantro. Great as an appetizer with chips or serve this over fish or grilled chicken!
Avocado Mango Salsa
If you like guacamole, chances are you’ll love this salsa! Made with avocado, mango, tomato, garlic, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice and cilantro. It’s light and colorful perfect with chips as a dip if you need an easy appetizer. The combination of flavors, sweet and salty with tangy hint of lime makes this a winner. This is also great over grilled fish or chicken. I’ve even enjoyed this over fish tacos instead of pico de gallo!
How To Make Avocado Mango Salsa
I love making this salsa, which is lighter than guacamole and always a crowd-pleaser. This recipe is so versatile and can be easily modified to fit your taste!
Start with the freshest ingredients. Here I use haas avocado, ripe mango, tomato, garlic, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice and cilantro. Combine all the ingredients with salt and pepper. If you’re making this ahead, leave the avocado for last until ready to serve.
- Don’t like cilantro? Leave it out!
- Omit the tomatoes if you wish.
- Make it spicier with serrano peppers in place of jalapeño.
Way to Serve Avocado Mango Salsa
If you want more ideas than just eating this with chips, here’s a few ways I love to eat this!
- Serve this salsa over fish tacos.
- Try this over blackened fish.
- Grill up some chicken and top it with this fresh and flavorful salsa to make it exciting.
- Air fry some salmon and use this salsa as a topping.
More Salsa Recipe Ideas:
- Easy No-Cook Restaurant-Style Salsa
- Salsa Picante Roja (Spicy Red Salsa)
- Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Skinny Shrimp Salsa
- Corn Salsa with Lime
Avocado and Mango Salsa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 5 ounces diced avocado, from 1 medium haas
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and let it marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
70 comments on “Avocado Mango Salsa”
Very easy and tasty!! Served over fresh steelhead. Delicious. You should try it.
Can we freeze this recipe.
Thank you! This recipe is amazing!!!
Has anyone tried this with frozen Mango?
I was just going to ask the same thing. I guess if they thaw and are okay texture-wise, it would work. I may try that today, having just bought two bags of them!!
I make this recipe on my own but sub red bell pepper for tomato. Fresh and delicious. This is what I make to go with Gina’s blackened salmon.
This is a staple! So delicious with any grilled protein. Gina, can you please link this to WW so we can auto record the points? Thank I’m advance!
I love all of your recipes, but this one is a top ten. I served this for dinner with your Cilantro Lime Shrimp, and oh my gosh was it amazing! I can’t wait to make it again.