These Buffalo Turkey Cheeseburger with Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw have a slight kick, with a cooling Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw.
Buffalo Turkey Burgers
This is a fun way to turn boring turkey burgers into something with a little more exciting. If you’re a buffalo wing fan, you’ll love the flavors in this turkey burger topped with a broccoli slaw tossed with my very own homemade blue cheese dressing. If you prefer milder flavors, try these Zucchini Turkey Burgers, Stuffed Turkey Cheeseburgers or these Greek Turkey Burgers.
These These Buffalo Turkey Cheeseburger with Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw are modified from my zucchini turkey burger recipe and slathered in hot sauce after. They are mildly spicy and loaded with flavor. I love adding veggies to my burgers, they add bulk and also make them more tender. Here I added carrots, but I promise, you can’t even tell. Perfect way to get those picky kids to eat their veggies.
Buffalo Turkey Burger Variations and Tips
- To make these burgers gluten-free, sub the breadcrumbs for gluten-free oats.
- To freeze raw, place them on a baking sheet with wax paper in between, when frozen transfer to ziplock bags.
- To freeze cooked, you can fully cook them, then freeze in ziplock bags for quick meals; to re-heat you can microwave or thaw first then place on a skillet.
More Turkey Burger Recipes You May Like
- Greek Turkey Burgers with Feta
- Juicy Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
- Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burger
- Stuffed Turkey Cheeseburger
- Broccoli Rabe Turkey Burgers
Buffalo Turkey Cheeseburger with Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup skinny blue cheese dressing
- 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup grated carrots grate in food processor
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbsp red onion grated
- 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- salt and fresh pepper
- oil spray
- 5 slices reduced fat cheddar
- 5 whole wheat burger buns I used Martin's 100 calorie Potato Whole Wheat Buns
- In a medium bowl combine broccoli slaw and skinny blue cheese dressing. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, carrots, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Makes 5 equal patties, 5.5 oz each.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray the oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook on one side until browned 4-5 minutes, then flip.
- Cook another 4 minutes or until burgers are cooked all the way through (keep heat medium-low to prevent burning); top with cheese and place on a toasted burger buns topped with broccoli slaw.
- If grilling, clean grill well before cooking and spray with oil spray to prevent sticking.