A savory slow cooker garlic mashed sweet potatoes recipe that’s the perfect addition to your turkey dinner – let your slow cooker help you out in the kitchen this Thanksgiving!
Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
I’ve adapted my garlic mashed sweet potato recipe for the slow cooker, as another option for you this Thanksgiving Day. The slow cooker is a great appliance to use on those days you have a lot to cook, and not enough room on your stove and this sweet potato recipe couldn’t be easier to adapt for the slow cooker.
I’ve also done this with maple, I just skipped the garlic and added 1 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup instead for a sweeter version. Enjoy!
And since so many are asking, I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker. I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it’s done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This crock pot is so great, I actually own two!
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes Brulee
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Maple Soy Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon
- Parmesan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Glaze
Slow Cooker Garlic Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 lbs 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- salt and fresh cracked ground pepper to taste
- Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker and add just enough water to cover them.
- Add salt to the water, then cover and set the slow cooker to 4 hours on LOW.
- Just before the potatoes are ready, melt the butter in a small saute pan and sauté garlic until lightly golden.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and return them to the slow cooker.
- Pour the garlic butter over them, add milk and sour cream and mash until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and keep the slow cooker set to warm until ready to eat or up to 2 hours.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.