Zucchini season is here, if you are looking for a great recipe to use up your summer zucchini, give these fritters a try. Similar to potato pancakes, with less carbs, they are a perfect side dish with grilled chicken or meat.
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 tbsp whole wheat flour
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Grate zucchini using the large holes of a cheese grater and place in a large bowl.
- Add flour, shallots, garlic, parsley, chives, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray oil to cover pan.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter into the skillet. Cook about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- Spray more oil in the skillet as needed, and continue with remaining batter. Makes about 20 small pancakes.