Roasted Cauliflower “Rice” with Garlic and Lemon
I love cauliflower “rice”, and I love the nutty flavor of roasted cauliflower so I combined the two to make this easy low-carb side dish that goes great with just about anything from chicken, to steak or fish.
Cauliflower “Rice” uses finely chopped cauliflower, which makes a fantastic low-carb, grain-free stand in for rice. Many supermarkets carry it already chopped which is super time saving, but it’s just as easy to make at home with a food processor. The upside to chopping it yourself is you’ll save money and the shelf life of cauliflower is longer before it’s cut.
I’m heading to Charleston tomorrow to join Helen Dujardin, the photographer of my latest cookbook to attend her photo workshop. She asked me to demo a cauliflower rice recipe she’ll be serving along side fresh caught fish we’ll be having for dinner cooked by Chef Ondo of Lana’s. I created this side dish in the oven to go along with the fish.
You may also like:
Roasted Cauliflower "Rice" with Garlic and Lemon
- 16 oz riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- To cut the cauliflower into rice: Remove the core and coarsely chop the cauliflower into florets, then place the cauliflower (in 3 or 4 batches) in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large sheet pan with oil. Combine the riced cauliflower, olive oil, garlic and salt on the prepared sheet pan, spread out in a single layer and roast in the oven 25 minutes, mixing halfway until golden.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh lemon juice and parsley. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
If you want to double the recipe, use two sheet pans.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 2
- Points +: 3
- Calories: 124
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 349.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 5g