Heather’s Buddha Bowl
This easy Buddha Bowl is made with roasted broccoli, butternut squash, and onions piled on top of whole grain rice and topped with sliced avocado, a sunny-side fried egg, and crunchy pecans.
This all-in-one healthy and hearty bowl packed with veggies, whole grains and lean protein, is an easy weeknight dinner!
And right now, I’m hosting a totally FREE Feel Better Eat Better video workshop for women who struggle with emotional eating, overeating, or food or body image issues, and I hope you’ll join me!You can sign up for my FREE workshop by clicking RIGHT HERE. I love sharing what has helped me and my clients build healthier and happier lives!
There are endless combinations of “Buddha Bowls”; healthy dishes made with whole foods such as raw or roasted veggies, whole grains, beans, eggs, and nuts and seeds, but this one is an all-time favorite.
Roasted broccoli, butternut squash, and onions are piled on top of whole grain rice. (For easy prep I used Trader Joe’s frozen rice) Then topped with sliced avocado, a sunny-side fried egg, and crunchy pecans. If you roast the veggies ahead of time, this dish comes together in just minutes. This is my go-to no-fuss lunch or dinner. Perfect for when I want something super healthy, but don’t have a lot of time.
More healthy bowls I love:
- Lemon Chili Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
- Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls
- Ahi Poke Bowls
- Breakfast BLT Salad Bowl
- Chipotle Chicken Bowl with Cilantro Lime Quinoa
Heather’s Buddha Bowl
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 small onion, sliced into ½ moons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small, 4-ounce Hass avocado, sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss broccoli, squash and onions with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread veggies out in an even layer and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, leaving space between them. Season each with a pinch of salt and pepper, cover and cook until whites are just set and yolk is still runny.
To assemble bowls:
- Divide rice and roasted veggies evenly among 4 bowls.
- Top each with 1 ounce avocado and 1 egg and 1 tablespoon pecans.
- Serve immediately.