Heather’s Buddha Bowl
This easy Buddha Bowl is made with roasted broccoli, butternut squash, and onions piled on top of whole grain rice and topped with sliced avocado, a sunny-side fried egg, and crunchy pecans.
This all-in-one healthy and hearty bowl packed with veggies, whole grains and lean protein, is an easy weeknight dinner!
And right now, I’m hosting a totally FREE Feel Better Eat Better video workshop for women who struggle with emotional eating, overeating, or food or body image issues, and I hope you’ll join me!You can sign up for my FREE workshop by clicking RIGHT HERE. I love sharing what has helped me and my clients build healthier and happier lives!
There are endless combinations of “Buddha Bowls,” healthy dishes made with whole foods such as raw or roasted veggies, whole grains, beans, eggs, and nuts and seeds, but this one is an all-time favorite.
Roasted broccoli, butternut squash, and onions are piled on top of whole grain rice (for easy prep I used Trader Joe’s frozen rice) and topped with sliced avocado, a sunny-side fried egg, and crunchy pecans. If you roast the veggies ahead of time, this dish comes together in just minutes. This is my go-to no-fuss lunch or dinner, when I want something super healthy, but don’t have a lot of time.
Heather’s Buddha Bowl
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 small onion, sliced into ½ moons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small, 4-ounce Hass avocado, sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss broccoli, squash and onions with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread veggies out in an even layer and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, leaving space between them. Season each with a pinch of salt and pepper, cover and cook until whites are just set and yolk is still runny.
To assemble bowls:
- Divide rice and roasted veggies evenly among 4 bowls.
- Top each with 1 ounce avocado and 1 egg and 1 tablespoon pecans.
- Serve immediately.