Salmon Salad with Beets, Arugula, Pistachios and Pomegranates
This beautiful heart-healthy Salmon Salad with Beets, Arugula, Pistachios and Pomegranates makes salmon the focal point in this colorful salad.
Salmon Salad with Beets
This main dish salad is pretty and festive with lots of reds and pinks that I think even the dudes of the world could get behind: seared salmon, arugula, beets, radishes, goat cheese, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, capers, and mustard vinaigrette. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and ready in under thirty minutes. For more salads with salmon, try my Arugula Salmon Salad with Capers and Shaved Parmesan and Salmon Avocado Salad.
Salmon Salad Ingredients:
This salad is loaded with so many good ingredients:
- Salmon: Cook the salmon on the stove for three to six minutes, depending on the size of the fillets.
- Arugula: Arugula has a peppery flavor, but if it’s not your favorite, you can use half arugula and half of another green, like baby spinach or just use al spinach.
- Beets: I wrap the beets in foil and roast them in the oven for about an hour. When they’ve cooled, peel them under running water, so the beets don’t stain your hands.
- Radishes: Radishes add a nice peppery crunch.
- Goat cheese: The creamy goat cheese pairs so nicely with the beets.
- Pistachios: Pistachios give this salad an extra dose of crunchy protein.
- Pomegranates: Pomegranate seeds are such a pretty touch for a little sweetness.
- Capers: Capers add salty, tangy flavor.
- Mustard vinaigrette: Mix Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and olive oil for the best arugula salad dressing.
- Swap arugula for shredded brussels sprouts, baby spinach, or mixed greens.
- If you’re not a fan of salmon, use tuna steaks, shrimp, or scallops instead.
- If you want to make the salad vegetarian, omit the salmon. To make it vegan, also skip the cheese.
- Sub feta for the goat cheese.
- Switch out the pistachios for sliced almonds or pecans.
- If you don’t have white wine vinegar, use red.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Fig Salad
- Sea Scallops, Arugula and Beet Salad
- Penne Arugula Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Grilled Tuna Over Arugula with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Arugula with Pomegranates, Blue Cheese and Pistachios
Salmon, Beet, and Arugula Salad with Pistachios and Pomegranates
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ pound wild salmon, cut into 2 fillets
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked beets, 6 to 8 oz, cut into small wedges*
- 1 to 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp capers
- Preheat the oven to 450F. In a large bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil with the vinegar and mustard; set aside.
- Set a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and lightly spray or coat with olive oil.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt.
- When the oil is very hot, add the salmon (skin side down if it’s skin-on) and use your spatula to lightly press it down to help the skin sear.
- Let cook undisturbed for 1 to 2 minutes, until the skin releases easily from the pan and the edges are opaque, then flip and transfer to the oven to finish cooking 2 to 4 minutes, depending on thickness and desired doneness. Set aside.
- Add the arugula and beets to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat; season to taste with salt.
- Sprinkle in the radishes, goat cheese, pistachios, pomegranate seeds and capers.
- Divide onto two plates and top with the salmon and capers.