This 7 Layer Greek Dip is layered with hummus and garlic-lemon Greek yogurt and topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, feta, and kalamata olives. Grab some pita chips and serve it at your next party!
Greek 7 Layer Dip
I love this Greek 7 Layer Dip for its Mediterranean flavors and light and refreshing taste. It’s also just so easy to whip up in a hurry before a party or BBQ. More of my favorite Greek-inspired recipes are my Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie, Greek Turkey Burgers, and Greek Pasta Salad. And if you want more dip ideas, try my Baked Mexican Layer Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip and Taco Dip.
Party dips can be so heavy, but this one is loaded with healthy ingredients. My favorite part of this dip is the extra protein in the hummus from the garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas). If you’re serving this Greek layer dip for a large party, you can double the recipe or halve it for a small one.
What is Greek 7 layer dip made of?
Here are the seven layers in this easy Greek dip:
- Hummus: The bottom layer is hummus. If you have the time, make the hummus from scratch. If not, use your favorite store-bought hummus. You could also switch it up by using flavored hummus, like red pepper or garlic.
- Yogurt: Combine the Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt, and ground pepper. You could also make this layer with tzatziki. If you don’t eat dairy or want to keep it vegan, skip the yogurt and add more hummus.
- Red Onion: Sub green onions or shallot.
- Cucumber: Use a seedless English cucumber since they’re less watery. If you only have regular cucumbers, cut out the seeds.
- Tomatoes: Swap Roma tomatoes with cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Feta: Feta cheese adds a salty, tangy flavor to the dip.
- Kalamata Olives: Finish the dip with sliced kalamatas. If you only have black olives, those will work too.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK DIP
It doesn’t take long to make this Greek layer dip recipe once your ingredients are prepped. Layer all the ingredients, starting with the hummus and ending with the olives in an 8” x 8” or 7″ x 11″ glass dish. Enjoy the dip with whole wheat pita chips or baked corn chips or carrot and celery sticks for a low-carb option.
Can you make Greek 7 layer dip the night before?
You can prep all the ingredients ahead, but it’s best to layer it just before serving, as the cucumbers tend to get watery if they sit too long.
More Dip Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Greek 7 Layer Dip
- 8 ounces hummus store bought or homemade
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red onion minced
- 1 cup English cucumber about ½ large, ½-inch dice
- 1 cup Roma tomato seeded, ½-inch dice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- In an 8”x8” or 7" x 11"glass dish, layer the hummus, yogurt mixture, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives.
- Serve with whole grain pita chips or baked corn chips.